Today’s topic is How to Develop Confidence, Courage and Character to be a Leader and hopefully by the end of the show you’ll be inspired to embrace your natural leadership abilities and develop the skills you lack.
Today on the show I talk to Peggy Sanchez Mills, the Chief Executive Officer of the Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails, the premier national organization for girls. We talk about the Boy Scouts decision to include girls in their program, the impact of leadership programs on girls’ long term success as well as Peggy’s own story of becoming a leader through building confidence, courage and character.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Peggy’s take on the Boy Scouts decision to include girls
- How girls learn differently from boys
- How Peggy balances business decisions with the mission of Girl Scouts
- The impact of leadership programs on girls’ long term success
- Peggy’s own story of becoming a leader through building confidence, courage and character
- A specific exercise you can do when you experience a set back, to get back on track
Links and resources: